[Foundation-l] Good news! Fundraiser officially passes 6m mark!

Jon Harald Søby jhsoby at gmail.com
Thu Jan 1 22:01:05 UTC 2009

2009/1/1 David Gerard <dgerard at gmail.com>

> 2009/1/1 Sue Gardner <sgardner at wikimedia.org>:
>
> > To put that in context: In 2008-09, prior to the launch of the
> > fundraiser, we had received just under two million dollars in
> > donations and commitments from a mix of foundations, individual donors
> > and business development revenues. (That includes the 08-09 1m from
> > Sloan, which will arrive this month.)  Since its launch, the
> > fundraiser has brought in a little over four million dollars.  This
> > means we currently have received in 08-09 a total of 6.1 million
> > dollars, which will fully cover our projected 08-09 costs.
>

> Isn't there still another $1.9m needed to meet this year's planned budget?
>
> (This means: Keep going! Full steam ahead! All the way to January 10th!)
>

> - d.

I thought it was supposed to end Jan 15th, to coincide with Wikipedia Day.
Or is my memory wrong?

A thank you banner will be nice (I've already seen it, so I know ;-) ), and
be a nice touch. (Also, is this the first time the fundraiser has reached
its goal? AFAIR <http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/AFAIR>, it didn't last year
(or the year before that?), so this is an improvement.)

--
Jon Harald Søby
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/User:Jon_Harald_S%C3%B8by