[Foundation-l] Simple English Encyclopedia

Jussi-Ville Heiskanen cimonavaro at gmail.com
Wed Feb 25 17:03:13 UTC 2009

Andrew Gray wrote:
> 2009/2/25 Gerard Meijssen <gerard.meijssen at gmail.com>:
>
>> Hoi,
>> When the use case of the Simple Wikipedia is better understood, it may even
>> make room for more simple projects as in simple projects in the biggest
>> languages.
>>

> This is quite an interesting thought. The language used by Simple
> English is (apparently) derived from two defined "simplified versions"
> of English which were deliberately designed - have there been projects
> to do the same for, say, French or Spanish, or would we have to do the
> heavy lifting ourselves?

My attempt at a constructive contribution to this thread would
be to suggest that every Simple Wikipedia language, no matter
large or small, should start at a Simple Incubator. The incubator
seems a proven concept (it has delivered live babies, yes?).

To me it seems a no-brainer that Simple Communities in every
language would only activate a sub-set of their languages
community, and this implies to me that as such the community
could do with bootstrapping in the fashion that incubators do.

Yours,

Jussi-Ville Heiskanen