[Foundation-l] Amazon Public Data includes Wikipedia

Nathan nawrich at gmail.com
Wed Feb 25 15:43:17 UTC 2009

http://www.nytimes.com/external/readwriteweb/2009/02/25/25readwriteweb-amazon_exposes_1_terrabyte_of.html

According to this, a new project by Amazon that makes a terabyte of public
data available includes a full dump of Wikipedia. It also includes the
complete dbpedia - so it seems like there are likely to be lots of
duplicates. Given the other information it says it includes (the whole human
genome, all other publicly available DNA sequences, census data, etc.) I'm
not sure how it all fits in a single terabyte.  Interesting concept, though.
I wonder how old the dump is, since they've been unavailable for some time?

Nathan

--
Your donations keep Wikipedia running! Support the Wikimedia Foundation
today: http://www.wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/Donate