[Foundation-l] dumps

Erik Moeller erik at wikimedia.org
Tue Feb 24 01:36:43 UTC 2009

2009/2/22 River Tarnell <river at loreley.flyingparchment.org.uk>:
> currently the dump process is a bit broken.  what is the Foundation's position
> on this?

Making the full history dump process scale to en.wp, and dumps more
reliable in general, is a high priority project. It was assigned to
Ariel, but due to escalating tech support priorities, will need to be
re-assigned, probably to Tomasz, after some further internal
discussions about a desirable and feasible architecture. Brion is
working on a revised project timeline. We've made incremental
improvements last year, but we'll definitely want to move towards a
situation where full public dumps of pretty much everything can be
expected at least on a monthly basis.
--
Erik Möller
Deputy Director, Wikimedia Foundation