[Foundation-l] status of the licensing update

Jussi-Ville Heiskanen cimonavaro at gmail.com
Sun Feb 22 18:12:00 UTC 2009

Anthony wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 20, 2009 at 7:49 AM, Henning Schlottmann
> <h.schlottmann at gmx.net>wrote:
>

>> * Ditch the dual licensing. I don't understand it. I am trained as a
>> lawyer to understand about licenses and I have not the slightest idea
>> how the dual licensing is supposed to work. No one I talked to -
>> layperson or professional - understood about it. Make a hard switch, as
>> GFDL 1.3 allows. If RMS doesn't like it, too bad.
>>

> What jurisdictions are you licensed to practice law in?  Dual licensing at
> least has the one added benefit that if the switch to CC-BY-SA is deemed
> invalid in one or more jurisdictions, at least the content might still be
> distributable under the GFDL.

heh, I find it amusing that you are questioning somebody else's
legal credentials, after signally failing to understand even the
most rudimentary legal concepts earlier in other threads...

And your claim for the benefit of GFDL is just simply rubbish.

There is *zero* chance that the switch to CC-BY-SA can be
deemed invalid in any jurisdiction worth mentioning, and thus
your whole argument is just so much chaff.

Yours,

Jussi-Ville Heiskanen