[Foundation-l] Wikimedia and public sector involvement, connections

RYU Cheol rcheol at gmail.com
Thu Feb 19 08:14:35 UTC 2009

The local government of Seoul, Korea, is preparing to donate some of
her contents.
For the donation they approached to the bureaucrats of ko.wp, because
we don't have a local chapter in Korea.
Finally they decided to publish them in a major web portal in Korea in
condition of free license. The portal donated an encyclopedia last
year, so they have some experience to add the contents. I think it's
OK anyway.

I hope the foundation would promote contents donation in addition to
raising fund. The promotion would really work for the WP projects
which don't yet have critical mass to evolve dramatically.

You could refer to this page for the case (sorry, it's in Korean):

http://ko.wikipedia.org/wiki/%EC%9C%84%ED%82%A4%EB%B0%B1%EA%B3%BC:%EC%84%9C%EC%9A%B8%ED%8A%B9%EB%B3%84%EC%8B%9C_%EC%A7%80%EC%8B%9D%EA%B3%B5%EC%9C%A0_%EC%BA%A0%ED%8E%98%EC%9D%B8

I would like to write some lines after the donation soon.

Thank you.

-Cheol