[Foundation-l] Wikimedia and public sector involvement, connections

Bence Damokos bdamokos at gmail.com
Sun Feb 15 18:54:03 UTC 2009

Dear all,I was wondering if any of you know of cases where there has been
any (official) connection between members of the public sector and projects
of Wikimedia (or other independent projects under free licences).

I would be interested in cases, when for example
* the local government has used for example Wikisource to publish its
statutes or provided other kinds of content for it
* the legislative has included material from Wikipedia in the explanatory
section of their bills
* members of the public sector approached the WMF (or its chapters) for
advice on free licences and their use in the public sector.

I would be interested in cases outside Wikimedia, where a government has
chosen open content licences to publish their data.

I have heard of some cases that would fit one of the above categories (e.g.
the Dutch government releasing some photos) but I have not found a
comprehensive list to judge the extent of the possible cooperation that
might be going on.

Thank you,
Bence Damokos