[Foundation-l] Flagged Revisions, Report on german WP

P. Birken pbirken at gmail.com
Sun Feb 15 16:39:47 UTC 2009

Hiho,

there have been some significant developments on de-WP, which I would
like to share with this list.

On February, 4th, all articles of the german WP had at least one
sighted revision. Since then, only pages newly created by noneditors
have to be looked at. On average, around 1.000 pages were marked for
the first time per day and these are now carried over to looking at
edits that have to be flagged. This means that since February 4th, the
number of pages with revisions awaiting review has dropped from almost
13.000 to 5.000 (see
http://toolserver.org/~aka/cgi-bin/reviewcnt.cgi?lang=german&action=images&project=dewiki
last picture). More importantly, the maximal waiting time for edits to
be reviewed has dropped from 16 days to less than 7 now, which means
that finally, we are now in an acceptable regime. The goal is, to
reduce this time until tuesday to 5 days
(http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Gesichtete_Versionen/Nachsichtung).
The median waiting time for edits until review is still within hours.

Still on the list of things to do is making the criterias for a
sighted version more precise from "has been looked at by an
experienced editor and is without vandalism."

Best,

Philipp