[Foundation-l] Steward elections: summary, week one

Gerard Meijssen gerard.meijssen at gmail.com
Thu Feb 12 13:19:15 UTC 2009

Hoi,
There are people I know who put more trust in the Iranian people then in the
American people. Now, it is completely unacceptable at this time to deny
people from the USA the possibility to become a steward. There are many
countries who are not trusted to do right. So how are we going to deal with
this ?

The mistrust of Iran is as valid as the mistrust of the United States of
America. How are we going to deal with this? Is it acceptable to allow for
this kind of hostile notions? If it is acceptable, should we not deal with
such arguments consistently and assess each country in the same way ?
Thanks,
       GerardM