[Foundation-l] Steward elections: summary, week one

Jesse (Pathoschild) pathoschild at gmail.com
Mon Feb 9 21:44:50 UTC 2009

Cary Bass <cary at wikimedia.org> wrote:
> I would suggest that the "current tendency to remove 14 current
> stewards" is inaccurate--firstly, the retention requirement should not
> be the same as to pass initially, and this chart uses a 78% percentage
> to pass in both cases, whereas a 50% tendency should be sufficient for
> steward reconfirmation.

Hello Cary,

The confirmations are not decided by support ratio at all, but by the
steward community as a whole considering the arguments. What I meant
by "the current tendency" is the overall opinion of voters, not the
likely result. This wasn't very clear, as someone else already pointed
out; I'll reword it in the second-week summary.

The chart colours are accurate for the elections, but only indicative
for the confirmations (this is explicitly mentioned above the
confirmation table).

--
Yours cordially,
Jesse Plamondon-Willard (Pathoschild)