[Foundation-l] Steward elections: summary, week one

geni geniice at gmail.com
Mon Feb 9 20:20:27 UTC 2009

2009/2/9 Ting Chen <wing.philopp at gmx.de>:
> I dislike this argument very much. People cannot choose that they are
> born in Iran or in China, or in the USA or Europe. Use such a trait that
> cannot be influence by a person against him is a kind of discrimination.

True but it's based on reality rather than predudice.

> So long as the person doesn't handle against the rule there is no reason
> to assume that he would do that. Keep a good faith is one of the
> principles of how Wikimedians should meet each other.

Good faith is one thing but we also assume the person we are dealing
with is human. Realistically the Iranian government is able to put
enough ah pressure on it's citizens to arrange for them to cooperate
(this is true for most governments). It is also the case that the
Iranian government is more likely to do so in a problematical manner
than western governments.

--
geni