[Foundation-l] FW: [Wikinews-l] Increased incivility atwikinews[en] <warning: contains rant>

Phil Boswell phil.boswell at gmail.com
Fri Feb 6 19:50:48 UTC 2009

Andre Engels wrote:

> On Fri, Feb 6, 2009 at 1:30 AM, Phil Nash <pn007a2145 at blueyonder.co.uk>
> wrote:
>
>> Sorry, my experience is different; there are some editors whose
>> behavioural
>> problems go on, and on, and on, yet are tolerated, because they
>> contribute
>> "good content". But the overhead to others drains volunteer resources.
>
> I can raise you on that - there are editors whose behavioral problems
> go on and on, and yet they are tolerated because Wikipedia should be
> free for all, and besides if one person has fights with ten different
> people, then those ten people should stop ganging up on him...

Absolutely, and that one "super editor" will be defended by people with
their own agenda.

This is the basic reason why, instead of working out the minor technical
trouble I was having with AWB which curtailed my useful work, I took it as a
handy excuse to cut way back on my involvement.

I haven't been called a "nasty little Tony Sidaway sidekick" for months upon
months: I don't know what Tony thinks about it, but I for one don't miss it
at all.
--
Phil