[Foundation-l] Delete "moldovan" Wikipedia

Thomas Dalton thomas.dalton at gmail.com
Thu Feb 5 18:47:33 UTC 2009

2009/2/5 Cetateanu Moldovanu <cetateanumd at gmail.com>:
>   1. Wikipedia has a pretended version of it in "Moldovan language" using
>   the Cyrillic script
>   2. The state language is Moldovan (identical to Romanian), and it is
>   written in the Latin alphabet, not Cyrillic
>   3. we request you to delete the fake "Moldovan version in Cyrillic" from
>   Wikipedia
>
> We have 2,212 people on facebook who signed the petition.
> http://apps.facebook.com/causes/39775
>
> Or at least rename it to mo-cyrillic.wikipedia

This matter has been discussed on this list, and others, numerous
times. All the issues are known, there is no point going over it all
again. I can't remember the outcome of the last discussion, but if the
wiki is going to be renamed, it will happen with or without you
bringing it up again and again. Petitions certainly won't help - you
haven't even given a number of people that think it should stay where
it is, so how can we possibly know if 2,212 is a significant number?