[Foundation-l] The reality of printing a poster

Chad innocentkiller at gmail.com
Wed Feb 4 13:23:45 UTC 2009

On Wed, Feb 4, 2009 at 7:34 AM, Andre Engels <andreengels at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Feb 4, 2009 at 12:30 PM, Huib Laurens <sterkebak at gmail.com> wrote:
> > I don't really think that would be enough.. I am not sure but the
> > poster and the license need to stay together.. If the attribution is
> > on a paper with the poster the license and author can get lost...
>
> There is nothing that says that the license and author should not get
> lost. The obligation to provide author, licensing and copyright
> information exists when the work is distributed or published, not
> necessarily the whole time that it is in existence.
>
> --
> André Engels, andreengels at gmail.com

Agreed. If the license and attribution are provided to the poster-
buyer, then we (as a content provider) and the printer (as a
content distributor) have done our parts. We have facilitated the
reuse of our content in accordance with the terms of the license.

Now, if the buyer goes and loses the license and authors the next
day, that's their problem. The only exception being a poster
intended for public display and/or the buyer wanting to redistribute
it themselves, where the license/attribution would need to stay
alongside it.

-Chad