[Foundation-l] The reality of printing a poster

Gerard Meijssen gerard.meijssen at gmail.com
Wed Feb 4 09:58:49 UTC 2009

Hoi,
The Zwijntje picture is actually one that is rather special. I use it as an
avatar on many of my profiles. When people abuse this picture, it may hurt
me. There is another aspect as well, I am not arguing about attribution to
the nth degree of foolishness. It is also very unlikely that I will go to
court over my IP. This is where I am utterly different from the RIAA because
it is part of their business model.

So in essence, it is normal to attribute material using the best practices.
The GFDL was long considered to be a best practice by me. This is no longer
the case for the type of material that we deal with in Wikipedia and
Commons. Certainly not following the arguments that I have heard so far from
the proponents of staying with the GFDL for WMF projects. The irony is that
it iseven the FSF that agrees that we are better off with the CC-by-sa.
Thanks,
        GerardM