[Foundation-l] Licensing interim update

Thomas Dalton thomas.dalton at gmail.com
Tue Feb 3 20:52:47 UTC 2009

2009/2/3 Brian <Brian.Mingus at colorado.edu>:
> I've seen this point made at least three times today.
>
> What leads you to believe that the attribution must be on the same medium?

It doesn't necessarily need to be the same medium, but it needs to be
included in the distribution otherwise you can't guarantee the person
receiving the content will be able to determine who wrote it. I don't
see a problem with attribution for a CD of spoken Wikipedia articles
being written on the cover of the CD case, for example, but it needs
to be included with the CD some how.