[Foundation-l] Licensing interim update

Thomas Dalton thomas.dalton at gmail.com
Tue Feb 3 19:43:23 UTC 2009

2009/2/3 Nikola Smolenski <smolensk at eunet.yu>:
> On Tuesday 03 February 2009 20:22:02 Sam Johnston wrote:
>> Given that full attributions are both largely worthless and onerous to
>> the point of forbidding reuse in many circumstances (e.g. paragraph
>
> Please stop beating the dead horse. No one has ever suggested that full
> attributions are necessary.

Um... yes we have... unless "full attribution" means something
different to you than it does to me. To me it means giving a full list
of authors of a work along with the work - that's precisely what I
interpret CC-BY-SA as requiring (it's rather flexible on exactly how
you give that list, which is big improvement over GFDL, but it still
requires the list).