[Foundation-l] Licensing interim update

Brian Brian.Mingus at colorado.edu
Tue Feb 3 19:24:51 UTC 2009

> So effectively the spirit is that the credit stays with the work. So
> if the work is on a website the credit should be on that website. If
> the work is on a T-shirt the credit should distributed with the
> T-shirt perhaps as part of the packaging (of course things get a bit
> tricky when someone wears the t-shirt but that is a secondary
> problem).

Certainly you recognize that this is your opinion only.

A group of people can come together and decide that their works should be
attributed to them in a flexible manner.

I wonder how many actual contributors to Wikipedia want their name on every
bit of text they write. Of those that do, I wonder how many would consider
flexible attribution, where the author can be easily found but is not
explicitly listed, fair attribution to them.

I think I know the answer to that question. Also, I'm not so much against a
hyperlink as eplicitly listing the authors. But what is the spirit of a
Uniform Resource Locator anyway?  "It specifies where an identified resource
is available and the mechanism for retrieving it" (Wikipedia)

We can do that without including all the http:// bits.