[Foundation-l] Licensing interim update

Brian Brian.Mingus at colorado.edu
Tue Feb 3 18:07:18 UTC 2009

Where can I read about what, exactly, the spirit of the GFDL is?
I've already explained why flexible attribution is equivalent to full
attribution in a recent post. It's easy to do the reverse lookup from a
piece of content to its authors. Anyone wanting to know who the content
should be attributed can easily find that out. We can develop tools to make
it easier.

But back to your spirit argument. Why would a CC-Wiki that is more practical
about attribution be against the spirit of the GFDL?