[Foundation-l] Fwd: [Wikitech-l] second-class wikis

Gerard Meijssen gerard.meijssen at gmail.com
Mon Feb 2 23:20:50 UTC 2009

Hoi,
A conspiracy is wilful. I doubt that this is the case. If anything there is
neglect. Other languages are just not given the same priority. What you hope
for is that over time a language community will include developers that will
take care for its language issues. In the mean time the Betawiki developers
do what they can and I think they do a pretty good job.

As I said earlier, there are moves to start localising the tools of the Tool
Server. This will make a lot of difference. We learned a lot from just
starting the Commonist extension. As a localisation project it is a success,
the unresolved question is how to reliably get new "builds" that include the
latest localisation. This takes resources that we do not have.

What I hope for is that you, the developers, find this a reasonable
assessment of the situation. Either way, the aim is to provide the best
possible service and I hope you can agree that there is still much to do.
Thanks,
       GerardM