[Foundation-l] RfC: License update proposal

Robert Rohde rarohde at gmail.com
Mon Feb 2 08:51:32 UTC 2009

So where do things stand?

By my rough count, the relicensing discussion has generated over 300
emails in the last month alone.  At least within the limited confines
of people who read this list, I suspect that everyone who has wanted
to offer an opinion has done so.  While, I mean no disrespect, much of
what continues to be said strikes me as either repetitious of prior
comments or simply off-topic.

Given that, I would like to ask Erik, Mike, or someone else with the
WMF to comment on what the timetable and process for the next step
will be?  At the start of January, the BIG VOTE was tentatively
scheduled to start February 9th.  Is that still accurate, or have we
talked ourselves into a delay?  Will there be any more expansive
effort to communicate with the various communities before the vote
starts?

Thanks.

-Robert Rohde