[Foundation-l] Re-licensing

Ray Saintonge saintonge at telus.net
Sun Feb 1 07:40:31 UTC 2009

Anthony wrote:
> Actually, the difference is quite relevant in a courtroom, especially when
> dealing with constitutional issues.  That's why I find it nearly impossible
> to believe that Mike doesn't understand this.  How in the world can you
> defend people's constitutional rights if you think they're made up out of
> nowhere?  Why defend free speech if it's just a couple words some guys made
> up and wrote down on paper?  The very nature of the legal system in the
> United States of America is based upon natural rights.  "We hold these
> truths to be self-evident".  Self-evident.  Not created by congressmen.
It was not created by congressmen because there were no congressmen
before the US Constitution was written.

The fact that they "held" their opinions to be self-evident does not
make their opinions universal. Your self-serving comment is on a par
with saying that God exists because the Bible says so.

Ec