[Foundation-l] advertising craigslist

Anthony wikimail at inbox.org
Wed Dec 16 13:17:12 UTC 2009

On Wed, Dec 16, 2009 at 4:35 AM, Andre Engels <andreengels at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Dec 15, 2009 at 4:19 PM, Thomas Dalton <thomas.dalton at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > We've advertised third party for-profits in the past with prominent
> > matched donations notices before (albeit controversially). This isn't
> > that different.
>
> As you say, that one was controversial and this one isn't that
> different. Then it should not surprise you that this one is
> controversial too, should it?

IIRC, the most "controversial" part about the Virgin Unite campaign was that
I made a stub on the organization using a Single Purpose Account, mispelling
the name of the organization, and a bunch of people came up with the
conspiracy theory that the short mispelled stub was created by the actual
organization (and that somehow there was something wrong with that).  But I
could be misremembering.

What was the Virgin Unite ad like?