[Foundation-l] advertising craigslist

geni geniice at gmail.com
Tue Dec 15 18:56:41 UTC 2009

2009/12/15 Philippe Beaudette <pbeaudette at wikimedia.org>:

> On Dec 15, 2009, at 11:55 AM, geni wrote:
>
>> So you are okey with adverts on wikipedia as long as they are ah
>> ""supporting" a good cause"?
>

> Noun
> advertisement (plural advertisements)
> (marketing) A commercial solicitation designed to sell some commodity,
> service or similar.
>
> I really don't see how a banner asking someone to give US money is an
> advertisement, Geni.
>
> Philippe

Not everything can be fully described through a dictionary definition.
The activity falls well within what is described in wikipedia's
article on the subject. I supose if you really want to get technical
it's propaganda so if it helps you answer the question:

So you are okey with third party propaganda on wikipedia as long as
they are ah ""supporting" a good cause"?

--
geni