[Foundation-l] Assume Good Faith and Don't Bite Newbees

Ray Saintonge saintonge at telus.net
Fri Dec 11 10:21:20 UTC 2009

Geoffrey Plourde wrote:
> The spirit of the one person per account policy was to prevent people from disclaiming responsibility by claiming another person did it.

That means little when we don't know the real names of the contributor.
A pseudonym could be anyone with access to the family computer.  If an
account owner allows others to use his account he is still responsible
for what happens in the account.  (If you let someone drive your car,
and there is an accident you can still be held responsible.)  Someone
else, with your permission, uses your account for vandalism it's your
problem.  Most of the time secondary users of these accounts do so
responsibly. We waste too much energy on the irresponsible minority.

Ec