[Foundation-l] Assume Good Faith and Don't Bite Newbees

Dan Rosenthal swatjester at gmail.com
Thu Dec 10 21:57:04 UTC 2009

I'm not an expert in the particular arena, but it would seem that the onus of any requirement on individual accounts lies on the account holder; it would be patently unreasonable to expect a website or service provider to have any method of enforcing that.

For instance, AOL has not the slightest clue how many people utilize a single one of their accounts.  It could be the credit card holder, it could be them plus their children, it could be 100 different people. They have no more restriction on whether individual accounts are needed than we do.

-Dan