[Foundation-l] moderate this list

Anthony wikimail at inbox.org
Mon Aug 31 13:21:50 UTC 2009

What I think I might do is come up with a list of individuals who I am going
to limit my replies to or reply to privately, because either I rarely reach
a consensus with them or we rarely discuss things that are interesting to
anyone else.
It's a fine line, though.  Personally I don't see what's wrong with treating
mailing lists a lot like IRC (or, to use a newfangled and even more maligned
reference, twitter).  I really think people need to get over the fact that
they don't need to process every single e-mail which appears in their inbox
when they come back from a week vacation.  They need to pick certain high
traffic mailing lists, and purge (or archive, if they're fortunate enough to
have gmail-size storage).  If there were a separate announcement list it
might be easier for people to accept this fact of reality.

Anyway, if anyone wants to *privately* send me a list of names of people
they think I should limit my replies to, please do.  You don't have to put
Thomas on the list.  I know how y'all feel about him already, which doesn't
mean I agree with it (I haven't decided if he goes on the list or not).