[Foundation-l] Opt-out global sysop proposal

Steven Walling steven.walling at gmail.com
Mon Aug 31 04:58:47 UTC 2009

"Meanwhile, the stewards have had to combat an increasing amount of
vandalism on the small wikis, and even though global rollbackers can help
some, blocking vandals and deleting nonsense pages ultimately becomes the
job of just a few of the active stewards."
If global sysops is such a controversial idea, why don't we abandon it in
favor of either:

A) More stewards, possibly even with a special election on an emergency
basis.

B) Get a sysop recruitment drive going on those wikis which need sysops.
Either drum up support from within these smaller communities or try and
attract interest from older wikis that have plenty of sysops. Of course, the
big barrier here might be language.

Steven Walling