[Foundation-l] Proposal: foundation-announce-l

Rjd0060 rjd0060.wiki at gmail.com
Sun Aug 30 21:15:09 UTC 2009

On Sun, Aug 30, 2009 at 5:11 PM, Brian <Brian.Mingus at colorado.edu> wrote:

> On Sun, Aug 30, 2009 at 3:01 PM, Philippe Beaudette <
> pbeaudette at wikimedia.org> wrote:
>

> > Sometimes, fighting through the high traffic lists to find
> > announcements is a huge problem...
> >
> > Philippe
> >

> Quite the contrary, it is an even larger problem to be subscribed to an
> increasingly large number of ever fragmenting lists. Additionally, a
> read-only announce list would serve to stifle community discussion of WMF
> announcements. If the Foundation wants to have an announce list and then
> cross post all announcements to announce-l and foundation-l it wouldn't be
> so problematic but I doubt such a list would have a large number of
> subscribers.

The simple solution there would be to subscribe
foundation-l at lists.wikimedia.org to the announce-l list.

I think it would be beneficial.  Some people really would like to see only
the important stuff and not the discussion in between.  And definitely not
meta-threads relating to how the list works (like this one).

--
Ryan
User:Rjd0060