[Foundation-l] Projekt: OpenCritics (let's free subjective content, too!!)

Anthony wikimail at inbox.org
Sun Aug 30 17:51:14 UTC 2009

On Sat, Aug 29, 2009 at 11:50 PM, Jussi-Ville Heiskanen <
cimonavaro at gmail.com> wrote:

> Wikinews does not adhere to the strict NPOV interpretation that is
> inevitable for Wikipedia. Wikiversity could not even come close
> to employing anything remotely like it. Wikispecies actually
> doesn't have any need for anything like it. And for Wikisource,
> just as for Wikinews, NPOV can only be considered to apply in
> a thoroughly transmogrified form.

Knowing very little about Wikiversity and Wikispecies, I'd be interested in
how that can work.  I mean, for the general public to collaborate on a wiki,
you have to have some form of rule about objectivity, don't you?

I understand that NPOV has a meaning within the English Wikipedia which
doesn't apply in most of the other projects, but there is an essence of it
that applies to all the projects, isn't there?

Maybe I'm wrong.  I'm really interested in your answer if I am.