[Foundation-l] moderate this list

Anthony wikimail at inbox.org
Sun Aug 30 16:56:16 UTC 2009

On Sat, Aug 29, 2009 at 8:17 PM, Mark Williamson <node.ue at gmail.com> wrote:

> > I'm sure all of you can figure out a way of setting up your email client
> so
> > it can work for you.  If not, the archives are available online.  There's
> no
> > reason you have to have this mailing list emailed to you in the first
> place.
>
> That's an interesting attitude you have there. You're going to just do
> whatever you like and if anybody requests that you modify your
> behavior, even if many people ask you to, well, it's their problem and
> not yours?

Depends on who the person is and what their demand is.  If their demand is
that I stop engaging in lots of discussion on a mailing list which is meant
for discussion, chances are I'm not going to stop.  If the administrators
want to limit discussion on this list to X posts in Y days, they can do
that, and I'll abide by it.  But lacking such rules, I'm going to discuss.
This is especially true if the main person complaining about the discussion
has only been here for a month.

It's like if I'm on a train, talking on my cell phone, and someone else sits
down next to me and complains about my conversation.  Sorry, I ain't getting
off the phone for that person.  Not unless there's a rule against cell phone
conversations, anyway.