[Foundation-l] Projekt: OpenCritics (let's free subjective content, too!!)

Joshua Gay joshuagay at gmail.com
Sat Aug 29 22:44:20 UTC 2009

So, I think that such a project works well with the concept of NPOV. I think
you can break the site into two distinct parts.

Part 1: You collect opinions of various sorts in various ways.
Part 2: You organize them in terms of their relative significance to each
other and summarize them in a disinterested voice.

This would be a lot like Wikibooks and Wikipedia; people write stuff on
Wikibooks and then people cite those books on Wikipedia.

-Josh

On Sat, Aug 29, 2009 at 3:17 PM, Victor Vasiliev <vasilvv at gmail.com> wrote:

> Sage Ross wrote:
> > I think this is an excellent, long overdue idea and something
> > Wikimedia should be interested in.  I was actually thinking of
> > proposing something like this at strategy.wikimedia.org (and may still
> > do so).
> >

> I don't think that creating such a project within Wikimedia would be a
> great idea. NPOV is one of the most important Wikimedia principles.
>
> --vvv

I am running the Arizona Rock'n'Roll marathon with Team in Training. Help me
reach my fundraising goals:
http://pages.teamintraining.org/ma/pfchangs10/joshuagay