[Foundation-l] moderate this list

Brianna Laugher brianna.laugher at gmail.com
Sat Aug 29 14:36:18 UTC 2009

2009/8/29 Anthony <wikimail at inbox.org>:
> If you'd like to start a moderated foundation-l, in addition to the regular
> foundation-l, that might be useful.  But it's considerably inappropriate for
> you to sign up for a mailing list that many of us have been enjoying for
> years and in one month decide you want to alter it to suit your tastes.

"Enjoying"? Maybe more accurate for many of us is "barely tolerating".

I am with Anders. It is not just a matter of learning to use an email
client properly. Considered posts are soon piled under dozens of
back-and-forth-over-minor-details responses.

But it doesn't seem the culture of foundation-l at this point would
allow moderation to make it a more proportionate place. Which is a
shame as in theory it is our main Wikimedia-wide channel of
communication, and must be terribly off-putting for newcomers.

Brianna

http://modernthings.org/