[Foundation-l] Omidyar Network Commits $2 Million Grant to Wikimedia Foundation

Thomas Dalton thomas.dalton at gmail.com
Fri Aug 28 17:45:18 UTC 2009

2009/8/28 Liam Wyatt <liamwyatt at gmail.com>:
> In the interest of creating *informed* discussion, please note the
> publication of Episode 82 of Wikipedia Weekly - an interview with Matt
> Halprin.
>
> In this, at timecode 9:15 he is specifically asked about the issue of
> the donation+board membership.
>
> http://wikipediaweekly.org/2009/08/28/episode-82-matt-halprin-interview/

I thank Wikipedia Weekly for asking the question, but he didn't really
answer it. He spent most of his answer talking about his
qualifications (which nobody disputes) and then just added on the end
that there isn't a tie between the money and the seat. It is going to
take more than that to convince me. They were announced on the same
day, to claim they are unrelated is pretty hard to believe.