[Foundation-l] Chapters as intermediaries between WMF and communities (was Re: Omidyar Network Commits $2 Million Grant to Wikimedia Foundation)

Thomas Dalton thomas.dalton at gmail.com
Fri Aug 28 17:01:35 UTC 2009

2009/8/28 Sebastian Moleski <sebmol at gmail.com>:
> I keep reading such statements and I'm having to admit: I have more and more
> problems following your logic. Let's take this apart:

I think any response I can give will basically boil down to:

"[D]emocracy is the worst form of government except all those other
forms that have been tried from time to time." (Winston Churchill)

I will also correct one slight mistake in what you say - the
Foundation's duty is to do what is best for the Foundation's goals,
not for the Foundation itself. If the goals of the Foundation and the
chapters are the same (which they pretty much are, it is one of the
requirements to be a chapter) then their interests should completely
align.