[Foundation-l] Frequency of Seeing Bad Versions - now with traffic data

Thomas Dalton thomas.dalton at gmail.com
Fri Aug 28 00:36:26 UTC 2009

2009/8/28 Anthony <wikimail at inbox.org>:
>> He means what would you measure in order to draw conclusions about the
>> severity of vandalism.
>>

> Umm...you would count the number of instances of vandalism?

That's not practical. That would require a person to go through
article histories revision by revision, probably multiple people per
article to check they agreed on what was vandalism. It won't work for
the kind of sample sizes required unless you get an army of
volunteers. We need something that we expect to strongly correlate
with the number of instances of vandalism but is easier to measure -
that is what "revisions with revert/rvv/etc. in the edit summary" was
intended to be.