[Foundation-l] Omidyar Network Commits $2 Million Grant to Wikimedia Foundation

Milos Rancic millosh at gmail.com
Thu Aug 27 20:32:52 UTC 2009

On Thu, Aug 27, 2009 at 2:53 PM, Kropotkine_113<Kropotkine113 at free.fr> wrote:
> I think that a non-used but very efficient
> solution would be to share informations before the official report and
> to work closely with local chapters ; but this is a more wide problem
> and slightly out-of-the-scope of this thread.

I agree with that it is necessary to inform relevant community and
organizational instances before making such decisions. As a member of
NomCom, I've been informed about Matt's appointing a couple of days
earlier before it became a public information. However, I didn't know
that it is connected to Omidyar's donation. (Does this information
passed to internal-l? Did anyone talk about this except the Board and
staff?)

Note that Matt's background is strong enough for being a Board member,
which means that I support his appointment. However, it would be good
to make difference between "expert seats" and "donors seats". Mixing
categories makes feeling that the Board is trying again to fix
something with wrong tools. I was thinking that we've leaved that kind
of behavior behind us.