[Foundation-l] Expert board members - a suggestion

Casey Brown lists at caseybrown.org
Thu Aug 27 02:12:21 UTC 2009

On Wed, Aug 26, 2009 at 8:10 PM, Thomas Dalton<thomas.dalton at gmail.com> wrote:
> Experts should sit on the advisory board where they can
> advise members of the community who sit on the board of trustees.

I think this is one of the main and very good points the board should
consider in the long run.  (Very fitting for now with our Strategic
Planning project!)

The Advisory Board hasn't really been used that well, at least not to
my knowledge.  There should probably be more effort placed on taking
advantage of that expertise there, but also keeping in mind the
community-related expertise (ie. this mailing list).  It's all a
balancing act that we'll need to get the hang of.

--
Casey Brown
Cbrown1023