[Foundation-l] Omidyar Network Commits $2 Million Grant to Wikimedia Foundation

Birgitte SB birgitte_sb at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 26 23:36:10 UTC 2009

I will confirm Ting's explanation here regarding NomCom. There was no list for 2009 appointments.  So it is true that Matt was not on the 2009 list.  No one was.  Matt was interviewed by Micheal and Sue, who as members of Nomcom, were aware of our decision to focus on finding expertise in both fundraising and 501(c)(3) organizations for the vacant seats. I find Matt to be a great fit for WMF with the sort of experience we have been most anxious for.  Personally I wish that Nomcom could have located Matt a year ago and presented him as part of a Oct 15 2008 list and that he would have been able to share is experience with WMF throughout this year instead of just this short interm.  This of course did not happen, but it should not seen a fault of Matt's that it was not the case.

Birgitte SB