[Foundation-l] Omidyar Network Commits $2 Million Grant to Wikimedia Foundation

Kropotkine_113 Kropotkine113 at free.fr
Wed Aug 26 18:25:19 UTC 2009

I just ask few questions. I did not mention conflict of interest nor
community upset in my post. I'm not a high-volume Foundation-l poster
(maybe 1 or 2 posts in three years), but an intensive reader.

About the nominating commitee, in this Q&A page :
http://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/Board_of_Trustees/Restructure_Announcement_Q%26A
I read :

"Q : How will the Board appoint the "specific experts" seats?
A : Beginning in January 2009, four Trustees will be appointed by the
Board from a list of candidates selected by nominating commitee."

Which is slighty different than "the nomitaning commitee help the board
to locate promising candidates".

Sorry to disturb your foundation-l but I just want to have some
explanations that I didn't find in this thread. Is this possible ? If
not, no problem, I'll go back to other activities.

Kropotkine_113