[Foundation-l] New projects opened

Bod Notbod bodnotbod at gmail.com
Sun Aug 23 06:00:55 UTC 2009

On Sun, Aug 23, 2009 at 6:26 AM, Mark Williamson<node.ue at gmail.com> wrote:

> Okay, now that's in the realm of pure speculation.

Indeed.

> How do you think another country - or the world - would react to
> China's invasion of neighboring countries?

Somewhere on the spectrum of doing a weak press release saying "we
don't like this!" and sending in nuclear bombs.

> Why would they even do that?

Why has anyone ever colonised anywhere else? Expansion, economic gain,
the dearly held belief of a leader that such would be a correct
action. That's my point: there would be many reasons to do so. If we
know one thing about world leaders it's that they don't seem to like
just tending their garden, they're always looking outwards. Always
wanting more.

It seems reasonable to suppose that China looks at America and thinks
"Hey! They get involved overseas... we want some of that action."