[Foundation-l] How much of Wikipedia is vandalized? 0.4% of Articles

Thomas Dalton thomas.dalton at gmail.com
Thu Aug 20 22:49:53 UTC 2009

2009/8/20 Robert Rohde <rarohde at gmail.com>:
> I am supposed to be taking a wiki-vacation to finish my PhD thesis and
> find a job for next year.  However, this afternoon I decided to take a
> break and consider an interesting question recently suggested to me by
> someone else:
> [snip]

That's an interesting bit of research, but, as you say, it is very
crude. This study seems to have a better methodology, although it has
a much smaller sample:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Aetheling/Vandalism_survival

If we could do that survey again with a large sample, it would be very
interesting indeed.