[Foundation-l] Lack of research on Wikipedia

Gerard Meijssen gerard.meijssen at gmail.com
Thu Aug 20 21:21:41 UTC 2009

Hoi,
I wrote articles on all the fish of the Benelux. I cheered when I was done..
Nobody else did. What we need is to celebrate something that has meaning to
all. Articles do that better then anything I know.

The thing with news is that it needs to be told. That is why I blog for
instance, how else do I explain that a GLAM is not about getting images for
Wikipedia but that they provide the basis for the credibility of the
illustrations we use. Compare that to article numbers, there is the suspense
of the numbers rising to this magical number... It is a great show, and
while it may have limited meaning, it gives a more universal sense of
accomplishment.
Thanks,
        GerardM