[Foundation-l] Lack of research on Wikipedia

Gerard Meijssen gerard.meijssen at gmail.com
Thu Aug 20 19:47:34 UTC 2009

Hoi,
For some of our smaller projects, the number of articles are the only
milestones available. It is necessary to celebrate progress. It is
meaningful when the Swahili Wikipedia becomes the biggest African language
Wikipedia. It is meanigful when you compare it with most of the other
African language projects that have no life in them.

I agree that on many levels the numbers game is of little relevance however
it becomes relevant when there is a need for the celebration of progress in
a project. A need to be motivated to go on with the gigantic task that is
writing a Wikipedia.
Thanks,
      GerardM