[Foundation-l] How much of Wikipedia is vandalized? 0.4% of Articles

Nathan nawrich at gmail.com
Thu Aug 20 17:55:11 UTC 2009

On Thu, Aug 20, 2009 at 1:30 PM, Gregory Kohs <thekohser at gmail.com> wrote:

> Nathan said:
>
> "...but certainly its (sic) more informative than a Wikipedia Review
> analysis of a relatively small group of articles in a specific topic area."
>
> And you are certainly entitled to a flawed opinion based on incorrect
> assumptions, such as ours being a "Wikipedia Review" analysis.  But, nice
> try at a red herring argument.
>
> Greg

Well, you can understand where I would get that idea - since the URL you
provided had "Wikipedia Review members" performing the research, until you
changed it a few minutes ago.

http://www.mywikibiz.com/index.php?title=Wikipedia_Vandalism_Study&diff=90806&oldid=89479

My point (which might still be incorrect, of course) was that an analysis
based on 30,000 randomly selected pages was more informative about the
English Wikipedia than 100 articles about serving United States Senators.

Nathan