[Foundation-l] Missing audio of WMF Board candidates

Thomas Dalton thomas.dalton at gmail.com
Wed Aug 19 04:53:12 UTC 2009

2009/8/19 Gregory Kohs <thekohser at gmail.com>:
> I hope that some Foundation staff or board member will comment on what has
> happened here.  Wikimedia Foundation server resources were used to
> coordinate a discussion of issues by no less than eight candidates for the
> Board of Trustees.

What WMF server resources were used? I imagine there was a link put on
meta somewhere, but that's about it. The Q&A happened using Skype's
servers. I think it is extremely disappointing that Wikivoices did
this and didn't publish it and I think the candidates that turned up
deserve an explanation, but it really has nothing to do with the WMF.
Perhaps in future the WMF should run a Q&A session like this and make
sure it is done properly, but I don't remember it being suggested
before, certainly not very prominently, so we can't really complain
that they didn't do it this time round.