[Foundation-l] Lack of research on Wikipedia

David Gerard dgerard at gmail.com
Sun Aug 16 15:32:13 UTC 2009

2009/8/16 John at Darkstar <vacuum at jeb.no>:

> I would guess that the most important reason why english wikipedia is
> slowing down is because of the other language projects gets the
> attention of the editors. perhaps it would be possible to get some
> numbers on the total influx of content and how it is distributed among
> the projects?

Many (particularly, as I recall, Andrew Lih) were saying a few years
ago that en:wp growth would follow a sigmoid logistic curve rather
than the pure exponential curve it appeared to be following at the
time:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Logistic_curve

- much as most other things do.

So I wouldn't call it unexpected.

The question is then where other Wikipedias are on this curve.

- d.