[Foundation-l] Lack of research on Wikipedia

Gerard Meijssen gerard.meijssen at gmail.com
Sun Aug 16 15:09:17 UTC 2009

Hoi,

   - Many of the Wikipedias do not show any growth
   - other Wikipedias are young and they do not get the kind of attention
   like en.wp did
      -  they do not have a Jimbo to evangelise their project.
      - often the language technology does not really support their language
      - a lack of localisation hampers acceptance
      - how to get past the bus factor while the project is still small
   - other Wikipedias are much bigger and may be plotted on such a graph
   however, there are so many things different that is makes little sense if
   you do not study why projects behave like they do.

Thanks,
      GerardM