[Foundation-l] Email list archives

Tim Landscheidt tim at tim-landscheidt.de
Sat Aug 15 19:20:47 UTC 2009

Andrew Turvey <andrewrturvey at googlemail.com> wrote:

> [...]
> Has anyone got any tips about how I can either format an email to begin with or view the email afterwards to solve this problem?

Every at most 72 characters, hit the key known as [Enter].
Before sending the mail, read it.

> Secondly, has this technology been developed recently? Seems it needs a bit of investment, or alternatively, we need to move over to a better third party platform like, perhaps, Yahoo Groups.

No, reading has been known to man for some millennia, type-
writers since the early 19th century. Most modern user
agents and editors will provide functions though that can
help you with formatting your text. In Gnus for example, you
can take a look at auto-fill-mode (which is enabled by de-
fault).

Tim