[Foundation-l] Why hasn't the LocalisationUpdate extension been enabled?

Gerard Meijssen gerard.meijssen at gmail.com
Thu Aug 13 10:11:41 UTC 2009

Hoi,
The problem with svn up is that it does not take into account that the
software run in production is not the same version that exists in SVN.
Consequently you could update messages that are no longer the same. What
LocalisationUpdate does is verify if the message in English in SVN is the
same as the one that is currently running. When the messages are exactly the
same, it follows that the localised messages are also the same.

Because the LocalisationUpdate updates from SVN, it will update the messages
that were seen by the translatewiki.net developers.

When you say the LocalisationUpdate is slow, the current update process from
SVN is slow. This however only needs to run once a day really. When this is
done when there is not much traffic anyway, it does not matter. What does
matter is that the results of a message found as a result of
LocalisationUpdate end up in the l10ncache.
Thanks,
       GerardM